Atlantic Mas FAQ's – All you need to know!
How can I make a payment using Visa or Mastercard?
The costume distribution schedule will be emailed to all masqueraders, posted to our website and advertised on social media. Different sections will have different distribution dates. The final date of costume distribution is CarnivalThursday, after which all uncollected costumes are no longer available.
You can collect your costume on the designated date for late pick up, but you will need to contact your section leader to schedule your pick up time..
Yes, you must provide the person collecting with a signed letter authorizing the new owner to collect the costume on their behalf, accompanied by a copy of the original owner's ID. Alternatively the original owner can send an authorization email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address attached to their costume.
Contact you section leader or email@example.com , who can put you on to a customer service rep who will assist in resizing your costume.
You will receive your costume box & headpiece, an Atlantic Mas Goody Bag, filled with carnival essentials & Road Wristband. Your costume is not complete without a wristband and masqueraders not wearing their wristband will be removed from the band.
Different costumes may have different additional options. Costumes may come with options for larger headpieces, backpacks and other embellishments at an additional cost. These options will be detailing on the registration page and in the section photo galleries, along with the cost attached.
Your down payment must be paid upon registration, otherwise your order will be incomplete and immediately cancelled. Costumes must be paid in full prior to collection, and can be paid for at the mas camp immediately before collecting the costume (debit or credit only). Alternatively masqueraders can also make advance payments at AtlanticMas' Mas Camp or via Email Money Transfer with your costumes registration number.
For registration, you need the following:
- Size Information:
- Ladies: Bra Size (34A, B, C,), Hipband Size (in inches), Bottom Piece Size (S, M, L)
- Ladies: Bra Option (Bra, Onepiece)
- Ladies: Bottom Piece option (Bikini, Thong, Boy Shorts)
- Men: Waist Size (in inches)
- All costumes require a 50% deposit.
- Always register through the Atlantic Mas camp or via www.atlanticmas.com to ensure that your registration is valid.
Please email our Band Leader, AK Heywood, with your proposal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The band will meet at the Dufferin Gates of the exhibition place at 10:30am
Costume Payment Policy
Costume registration is only considered complete after receipt of a down payment has been provided. The following are the forms of payment accepted for costumes:
- Online: Credit Card or Paypal
- Mas Camp: Cash, debit and credit card, No cheques accepted
- Hours: Monday-Sunday 9am-9pm
Deposit for each costume is 50%.
If you have a referral or promotional code please add that code before you check out. Please see "add note to seller" in your cart. Please email email@example.com or call 647-352-2240 for any inquiries.
Please note that carnival costumes are custom-made items therefore once a down payment is made, it is non-refundable. Additionally, there will be:
- NO exchange or switching of sections.
- NO changing of measurements or sizes
- NO Costume Transfers
- NO Returns accepted
- There will be no exceptions.
Costume Collection Policy
Costume packages must be collected in person with a valid form of ID. Persons may collect the costume in their name only.
The costume distribution schedule will be advertised via electronic or print media. The final date of costume distribution is Carnival Thursday July 28th 2018, after which all uncollected costumes remain the property of Atlantic Mas and any down payments are forfeited by the customer.
In order to collect a costume on behalf of another masquerader, the person collecting the costume must present a signed letter authorizing them to collect the costume on the owner's behalf, accompanied by a copy of the costume owner's ID. The signature on the letter and ID must match.
Alternatively, 5 days before the scheduled collection date, the owner of the costume can send an authorization email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address attached to their costume profile. This email must state the full name of the person authorized to collect on the costume owner's behalf. The person authorized to collect must present a valid form of ID at the collection point. Costumes remain the property of Atlantic Mas until paid for in full and collected.
Road Readiness & Carnival Tips
- Be extremely careful around all parade vehicles e.g. music trucks, food trucks, etc.
- Eat a heavy breakfast, you never know the next time you'll be hungry and its a long day.
- Drink responsibly.
- Drink lots of water through the day to avoid dehydration.
- Sun block is your best friend, use it well, and take it with you to re-apply as often as necessary.
- Use Chap Stick or Lip Balm.
- Sunglasses always come in handy.
- Leave your valuables at home e.g. expensive jewellery.
- Only carry necessary cash on you.
- Always wear your pouch to the front.
- Avoid bringing purses as they are easy to loose and become a nuisance.
- Always move around in groups.
- Wear comfortable sneakers. We suggest you wear a ½ size bigger than what you would normally wear, so you can 'chip' to the music all day long.
Arrange a specific meeting point with your friends within the band in case you get lost. E.g. the right side of the second DJ truck. Remember, there are thousands of masqueraders in costume, and you may get separated at least once.Do not accept drinks from strangers.
Be sure not to mix medication with alcohol.